But in my pie excitement, I've gotten ahead of myself. First there was breakfast with cinnamon rolls, English muffins, and mimosas. Again, YUM.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese
- 2-4 medium squash
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Dash of olive oil
- 4-8 Tbs goat cheese or other tangy soft cheese (mmmm Mango Tango!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash and dry the squash.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the squash cut side up in an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle each half with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Splash a small amount of olive oil on top of the squash
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour
- Carefully remove from the oven and fill the seed section with a spoonful of cheese
- Place back in the oven and broil for 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before serving
We added fresh green onions to the cheese for a nice pop of flavor to contrast the sweet and tangy.
Now I'm off to fill myself with leftovers.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING from Brewed B!